Presented by Norte!
We love love love people riding bikes to the Bijou by the Bay theater.
We are therefore stoked – yes, STOKED! – to host Norte's third annual Bike Night At The Bijou on Thursday, October 24th at 6:00 pm to see the awesome "Motherload" documentary.
- celebrate the growing presence of people on bicycles in the Grand Traverse region
- smash the most bicycles at the Bijou record
- raise funds for our Big Orange Promise campaign to empower more kids – and those who love them – to be active for life.
It’s going to be awesome. You should come!
Here’s the scoop:
When? Thursday, October 24th. Doors at 5:30. Film at 6pm.
Tickets? $12 and can be purchased at the Bijou/State box office or online here.
- Special drink and food deals at The Workshop Brewing Co. before the movie
- A free membership to the Clubhouse, our new community bike shop
- Bike valet service
- As many free high fives as you can handle
Pre party? You betcha. A super awesome and equally bike-tastic pre-party starts at 4:30pm at the Workshop with special food and drink deals for ticket holders.
Searching for freedom and connection in a gas-powered, digital and divided world.
MOTHERLOAD is a crowdsourced documentary about a new mother’s quest to understand the increasing isolation and disconnection of the digital age, its planetary impact, and how cargo bikes could be an antidote.
Filmmaker Liz Canning cycled everywhere until she had twins in 2008. Hauling babies via car was not only unsustainable but took the freedom and adventure out of life, and Liz felt trapped. She Googled “family bike” and uncovered a global movement of people replacing cars with cargo bikes: long-frame bicycles designed for carrying passengers and heavy loads. Liz set out to learn more, and MOTHERLOAD was born.