A confessional and cautionary documentary about Robbie Robertson’s young life, and the creation of one of the most enduring groups in the history of popular music – The Band. The film blends rare archival footage, photography, iconic songs, and interviews with Robertson’s friends and collaborators, including Martin Scorsese, Bruce Springsteen, Eric Clapton, Van Morrison, and more.
100% of Streaming Proceeds through 4/3 will benefit the TCFF, State and Bijou. Thank you, Magnolia!!!
GET YOUR STREAMING RENTAL HERE!
Offering unprecedented access to rock history, Once Were Brothers tells the story of one remarkable man's contribution to the music we now call Americana.
“TRIUMPHANT. Robertson deeply dissects the Band’s magic and dysfunction, reckoning with the grudges, tragedies and incomparable musical bond.”
– David Fear, Rolling Stone
“DEMANDS TO BE SEEN. The story of the rise and disintegration of the Band turns out to be as compelling as its spectacular music. Just watching and listening to the group tearing through their classic ‘Up on Cripple Creek’ near the documentary’s opening, alive with the pleasure of making great music with one another, is enough to joyously lift you out of your seat.”
– Kenneth Turan, Los Angeles Times
“A gripping saga of triumph and tribulation. Captures the story with vigorous urgency and passion that fits the music itself.”
– Alex Biese, USA Today
HOW IT WORKS
- Purchase your stream at the link above for $12.
- The distributor, Magnolia Pictures, will sell you a rental and send you a link that will be valid for 30 days/72 hours once the link is accessed for viewing.
- Through 4/2 we will receive 100% of proceeds from streaming rentals. THANK YOU, MAGNOLIA!!!!!
TIPS ON WATCHING
- You can easily watch on your computer, smartphone, or tablet, or cast to your Apple TV or Google Chromecast.
- If you have an Apple TV, make sure that it’s connected to the same Wi-Fi network as the device you used to purchase the film. Then, click in the playback window and select your Apple TV.
- If you have a Google Chromecast, make sure that it’s connected to the Wi-Fi network as the device you used to purchase the film. Then, click in the playback window and select your Google Chromecast.
*Please note this arrangement with Magnolia — in these especially unprecedented times — means we’re unable to offer member pricing.